- How are new fee codes chosen?
How are new fee codes chosen?
February 19, 2018
New fee codes are chosen in consideration of the following:
- Codes that encourage and facilitate comprehensive care, improved patient access, increased coordination and collaboration between family physicians and other primary health care providers, improved health outcomes, improved recruitment and retention of family physicians, and improved patient-physician longitudinal attachment, particularly for those living with chronic disease(s).
- Codes that have either proven their effectiveness in other jurisdictions or are widely believed to carry significant opportunity for positive impact in our province.
- Codes that reflect the reality of our current system, and which have a true potential for uptake.
- Codes that provide opportunities for early “proof of concept”, so that value of the program can be established.