You are invited to register!
Saturday, November 30, 2019
10 am to 3 pm
Quality Inn & Suites
100 Trans-Canada Highway
The Family Practice Renewal Program, in partnership with the Shalloway Family Practice Network, invites you to attend the Suboxone Treatment of Addiction Advance Training Program. This CME session will be held on Saturday, November 30 in Gander from 10 am to 3:30 pm in the Board Room at the Quality Inn & Suites, 100 Trans-Canada Highway.
Dr. Peter Barnes, Dr. Stephen Darcy and Dr. Bruce Hollett will offer an engaging learning session addressing the following Learning objectives:
• Explain the basic features of opioid dependency as outlined by the DSM 5;
• Recognize the patient with an opioid use disorder (OUD) and decide if
opioid replacement therapy (ORT) with Buprenorphine is appropriate and
safe for that patient;
• Initiate treatment with Buprenorphine adhering to prescribed induction protocols;
• Watch for common and uncommon adverse events seen with buprenorphine/naloxone
and potential drug interactions; and,
• Evaluate the stability of a patient on ORT with Buprenorphine using the clinical interview
and urine drug screen (UDS).
The event is free and includes a light lunch. Pre-registration is required to ensure we have sufficient materials.
Deadline to register is Wednesday November 27.
Registration portal: https://nlmaforms.formstack.com/forms/suboxone
This is a five-hour session.
Accreditation: This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Newfoundland and Labrador Chapter for up to 8 Mainpro+ certified credits.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you!