You are invited to register!
The Family Practice Renewal Program invites you to attend the Suboxone Treatment of Addiction Advanced Training Program. This CME session will be held on Monday, April 19 and Wednesday, April 21 from 7 pm to 9:30 pm.
Dr. Peter Barnes, Dr. Stephen Darcy and Dr. Bruce Hollett will offer an engaging learning session addressing the following learning objectives:
• Explain the basic features of opioid dependency as outlined by the DSM 5;
• Recognize the patient with an opioid use disorder (OUD) and decide if
opioid replacement therapy (ORT) with Buprenorphine is appropriate and
safe for that patient;
• Initiate treatment with Buprenorphine adhering to prescribed induction protocols;
• Watch for common and uncommon adverse events seen with buprenorphine/naloxone
and potential drug interactions; and,
• Evaluate the stability of a patient on ORT with Buprenorphine using the clinical interview
and urine drug screen (UDS).
While this event is free, we do require pre-registration to ensure pre-session information and materials are available to you in a timely fashion. Please note this session is an on-line learning event using Zoom to ensure the continued health and safety of all participants.
Deadline to register is Thursday, April 15, 2021.
Registration portal: https://nlmaforms.formstack.com/forms/suboxone
Accreditation: This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Newfoundland and Labrador Chapter for up to 8 Mainpro+ certified credits following the completion of pre and post assessments.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you!