EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: MyQ Quality in Family Practice Program – Practice Facilitator
September 24, 2020
MyQ Quality in Family Practice Program:
Practice Facilitator (PF)
If you have excellent communication skills, experience with change management, and want to be part of an exciting new healthcare initiative, this role could be for you.
We are currently seeking an individual from the Central or Western regions of the province to join our team on a part-time basis. This provincial role provides support throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Newfoundland Family Practice Renewal Program (FPRP) is a partnership initiative of the Department of Health and Community Services (DHCS) and the Newfoundland (NL) and Labrador Medical Association (NLMA) leading the family practice renewal efforts in the province. The FPRP has developed a multi-prong approach to achieve this.
The MyQ Quality in Family Practice program is one of the key initiatives within the FPRP with a focus on developing a comprehensive and sustainable education and support program for family physicians and clinic staff. Health Innovation Group (HIG) and Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) have been contracted to deliver on this initiative.
The vision is to enable and empower family physicians and their teams to transform care for their patients through improved access, continuity, and health outcomes using the right quality improvement methods for their own practice. Practice Facilitators are key to this program, providing support to help practices in new and ongoing quality improvement efforts.
Purpose & Scope of the PF Role
The Practice Facilitator will support primary care practices to achieve their goals for quality care. Equipped with practical tools and resources, this role will help physicians and staff to plan, test and implement improvements based on their unique context and the needs of patient populations. The Practice Facilitator will receive practical evidence-based training and become part of a vibrant team focused on helping Newfoundland family physicians to address common challenges and improve processes. As part of a team, the practice facilitator will work with physicians in all regions of the province to engage local clinics in improvement and will be supported by leaders from Health Innovation Group and FPRP.
Qualifications and Requirements
Equivalent combination of education, experience and expertise may be considered.
- Undergraduate degree equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in a healthcare related sector (2 years’ experience working in primary care preferred)
- Experience with project management, change management, quality improvement and facilitation
- Experience with the Electronic Medical Record an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle for travel
- Communicate effectively and constructively, orally and in writing, in person and using virtual technology
- Able to work as part of a team, demonstrating trust, respect and integrity
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and anticipate organizational needs
- Ability to use evidence, data and experience to facilitate decision-making
- Objective and able to represent different perspectives and fairly
- Ability to manage conflict with diplomacy and tact
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for continuous learning and improvement
Duties & Responsibilities or Work Performed
- Develop professional relationships with clinic teams, physician leaders/champions, and stakeholders.
- Engage physicians to learn more about this quality improvement initiative to help them achieve their goals for better patient care, better work experience, and improved quality.
- Facilitate the implementation of practice assessments to highlight gaps and opportunities. Identify and build on strengths within each practice.
- Understand clinic team goals for improvement and provide relevant support related to the initiative.
- Introduce provincial quality improvement opportunities, programs and resources to clinic teams.
- Guide teams through learning events, workshops and webinars.
- Work with physician champions, motivate and inspire clinic teams to take action.
- Leverage clinic team member diversity and structured approach to change to achieve clinic goals
- Build quality improvement capacity in clinic teams using Model for Improvement
- Support the implementation of quality improvement measures within clinics to sustain improvements.
- Facilitate measurement and evaluation needs with clinic teams.
- Support clinic teams to share their improvements and lessons learned with other teams to accelerate the spread of improvements.
Recruiting for applicants from the Central or Western regions of the province.
- Reporting Relationship: Contracted role with HIG, with dual project reporting to HIG and FPRP.
- Type: Temporary Contract with a rate of $50-$55/hour depending on qualifications.
- FTE: Negotiable and flexible, part time. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
- Posting End Date: October 9, 2020 (posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found)
- Date Available: Negotiable (ideally candidate would be available for November 2, 2020 or earlier)
- Term: Contract term to be between 1-2 years depending on initiative rollout
- Location: Home office with some travel
- Other Working Conditions: Depending on regional participant engagement, some travel to clinics will be required, along with occasional travel to provincial locations. Frequent virtual technology use.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org