- Suboxone Treatment of Addiction Advanced Training Program (Burin)
Suboxone Treatment of Addiction Advanced Training Program (Burin)
September 26, 2019
Saturday, October 19, 2019
10 am to 3 pm
Education Classroom, Burin Peninsula Health Care Centre
- Explain the basic features of opioid dependency as outlined by the DSM 5
- Recognize the patient with an opioid use disorder (OUD) and decide if opioid replacement therapy (ORT) with Buprenorphine is appropriate and safe for that patient.
- Initiate treatment with Buprenorphine adhering to prescribed induction protocols.
- Watch for common and uncommon adverse events seen with buprenorphine/naloxone and potential drug interactions.
- Evaluate the stability of a patient on ORT with Buprenorphine using the clinical interview and urine drug screen (UDS)
Presenters: Dr. Peter Barnes, Dr. Stephen Darcy, Dr. Bruce Hollett
Registration Fee: Free
Registration portal: www.nlma.nl.ca/nlma/forms/suboxone
This is a five-hour session.
Accreditation: This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Newfoundland and Labrador Chapter for up to 8 Mainpro+ certified credits.
Sponsored by the Family Practice Renewal Program
For more information, please contact: email@example.com